SDC Verifier implements 2 different ABS plate buckling checks:
- Guide for Buckling and Ultimate Stress Assessment for Offshore Structures, APRIL 2004 (Updated February 2012):
- Rules for Building and Classing Floating Product Installations, July 2014:
There are 3 small differences in calculation of Ultimate Strength Limit. Buckling State Limit is calculated completely the same.
- Interaction coefficient between longitudinal and transverse stresses f, which is used in the calculation of Ultimate Strength Limit:
- x coefficient, used in longitudinal ultimate strength calculation:
- CY coefficient, used in calculate transverse ultimate strength calculation: