List of supported by SDC Verifier CAE versions can be checked here.
After SDC Verifier is installed, a communication between SDC Verifier and Ansys has to be installed. To configure the communication perform the following steps:
Start Ansys Workbench and perform
SDC Verifier Extension file (*.wbex) is downloaded together with setup files. Alternatively, the extension can be downloaded in Ansys App Store. Choose the file that corresponds to your Ansys version and press :
The following message will appear:
To Load extension, executeand press :
Click on SDC-ANSYS Plugin and pressor .
- the extension will be available only for saved a workbench project. For each project extension has to be loaded manually;
- the extension will be available every time the workbench is started;
After the extension is loaded, SDC Verifier will appear in the workbench toolbox:
SDC Verifier is an extension for Ansys. The goal of SDC Verifier is to check structures according to standards and generate a full calculation report.
SDC Verifier starts from the Workbench:
- Find SDC Verifier in the list;
- Drag item to the Project Schematic;
- Attach model;
- Double click to run SDC Verifier;
Note: Minimum supported version of Ansys is 18.2.
For the first run of SDC Verifier on the workbench project, step-by-step project wizard will be opened:
- Project Details - possible to fill in the project, engineer and customer details that will be used on the first page of the report;
- Jobs - link to analysis in Ansys Mechanical. Read more...;
- Load Sets - depending on the job type is an analysis result step or a linear combination of result steps multiplied on factors. Read more...;
- Load Groups - an envelope of results that can contain individual loads, load sets or other load groups. The worst load can be found by using the load group results. Read more...;
- Report Wizard - choose one of the presented report types. After the Finish button is pressed, the report wizard will be opened automatically. Read more....
Show on startup - do not open a project wizard on empty project. Option can be changed in Preferences;
In case one SDC project is saved, it will be opened automatically. The list of saved SDC projects will be displayed otherwise:
Note: new SDC project will be created if the model is opened first time with SDC Verifier. In case one SDC project is saved, it will be opened automatically. List of saved SDC projects will be displayed otherwise:
SDC projects are saved together with a workbench project. If the workbench project will not be saved, SDC project changes will be lost.
After the installation SDC Verifier is not licensed. The License Manager will appear automatically:
Executeto install or request the license:
SDC Verifier supports three license types:
- TRIAL/SINGLE COMPUTER - works on a single computer;
- USB DONGLE - license file is stored on a USB flash disk. This option is available only for customer who purchased USB dongle before 1 January 2019;
- FLOATING - a fixed number of users can connect to the license server simultaneously (*.wlin file).
Note: The demo version with limitation to 2000 nodes models was removed in version 5.2. It is required to request a trial license in order to evaluate SDC Verifier.
To install a single computer, trial or floating license select the option LICENSE FILE and press to browse the license file. Pressto accept the license file.
If you don't have a license click.
First, select the license type: trial, single computer or floating.
Fill in Company, Contact Person, E-Mail, Telephone, select CAE Programs, required Modules, include Separate Application and press.
To send a license request using default Mail Client click firstname.lastname@example.org.. Alternatively, copy the request data and send it manually to
For detailed information about license types click here.
The floating license server is located on the Internet and it is not required to setup and configure any additional software on the company servers.
Simply executefrom the ribbon. Browse the license file (*.wlin) and press .
If the license is accepted, the following message will appear:
In case if all available licenses are used, the server replies with:
SDC Verifier will continue to request the license from a server:
Note: If in your company the software which limits access to internet resources is used, please, add an exception to the following resources: http://floating.sdcverifier.com, http://backupfloating.sdcverifier.com, http://floating.sdcverifier.nl/ and http://floating1.sdcverifier.nl/
For floating license type it is possible to borrow a license. An offline license file for a single computer from 1 to 14 days will be created. The borrowing request should be sent from the computer where the license will be used:
Select the borrowing period and specify the name of the single computer license and press.
The number of floating licenses will be decreased on one for the requested period automatically.
If proxy software is used to limit access to internet resources, floating license requests can fail and SDC Verifier will be not licensed. Presson License Manager form to configure proxy settings:
Auto-detect proxy - used by default when no proxy software is used. Default system web proxy settings will be used. If this option is turned off, the proxy settings have to be set manually.
If proxy authentication is used by the proxy software, it is necessary to fill in the username and password.
Note: Proxy settings are encrypted and stored on the local machine.
Note: Request proxy settings details from a network administrator if it is necessary.
Alternatively, proxy settings can be configured in Preferences.