SDC Verifier supports elements of all properties from Simcenter.
Bars and beams are very similar. They have the following differences:
|Neutral axis offset||No||Yes|
It is possible to set wind drag coefficient for bars and beams:
For bars the following work plane will be displayed:
For the beams the following work plane will be displayed:
All shape properties are read from Simcenter. For tapered beam Shape End B properties are enabled.
Rods and Tubes Workplanes
Plates and Solid Workplanes
The Properties menu commands:
Plate Thickness Plot
- open window to plot thicknesses of the surface bodies:
See Labels Plotter Control for detailed description.
Execute Colored Plot to plot selected properties in colors and put labels using Labels Plotter Control.
In some case, there is a necessity to check calculations according to the standard but using a different shape. Re-analyzing the full model might be a time-consuming process. To avoid such cases it is possible to map a bar or beam (End A only) shapes.
Pressto select a shape from the library:
The list of available shapes will be displayed. Automatic sorting is applied by pressing on a column title (e.g. "Name" or "Total").
- characteristics of original shape from the model if no mapping is applied to the property. Characteristics of previous mapped property otherwise;
- characteristic of the selected shape from the shape library;
Differences in percentages from the original shape are calculated and marked in colors.
Note: The difference is marked with color by following ranges: [0%; 25%] - green color, [25; 50%] - yellow, [50%; 75%] - orange, >75% - red;The total difference is an average difference between the Area, Iyy, Izz, Izy, Torsional and Warping constants differences. Navigate to selected - if the list was scrolled up/down, scrolls to the last selected position.
- filters sections by text. For example, 'AISC' filter will display all sections from the AISC library and 'Eurocode' only form Eurocode 3 libraries.
Pressto map selected shape.
Note: Dimensions from the mapped shape will be used in calculations automatically.
page will be added to the beam property control.
Differences from the original shape will be displayed in colors. The total difference is shown in the separate text block under the picture.
- remove mapped shape from the property. All check results related to properties will be cleared automatically.
Note: Add, edit or remove shape mapping is applied immediately. All check results related to properties will be cleared automatically.
- replace original shape with a shape from the library for multiple properties:
- name of the property in the model;
- name that is used to search in the library. Property name without Id is used by default;
- name of the currently mapped property.
- apply search by one of the criteria:
- search the most suitable shapes by 4 parameters comparing each parameter separately;
- search by Search Name value from the table;
- search the most suitable shapes by calculated area (root radiuses are not taken into account);
- search the most suitable shapes by area in the library;
- search the most suitable shapes by Ixx in the library;
- search the most suitable shapes by Iyy in the library;
- search the most suitable shapes by Ixy in the library;
- search the most suitable shapes by warping constant in the library;
- search the most suitable shapes by a torsional constant in the library;
- the maximum possible difference between the original and mapped shapes that passes the selected criteria The default value is 1%;
- search for mapped shapes from the library that matches selected criterion;
Note: If several shapes are found for one property the first shape will be selected by default. It is possible to pick another shape by selecting from the dropdown list in the table:
- update mapped shapes for selected properties in the model;
- remove mapped shapes from selected properties;
Note: Only properties that contain mapped shapes are displayed in the list.
- Eurocode and AISC standards can perform checks only for symmetric shapes. In case the non-symmetric shapes are used in the model transform them to symmetric:
Select the shapes which should be mapped.