Current version of SDC Verifier supports Ansys versions from 18.2 to 2019 R3.
After SDC Verifier is installed, a communication between SDC Verifier and Ansys has to be installed. To configure the communication perform following steps:
Download SDC-ANSYS Plugin from the Ansys store:
Start Ansys Workbench and perform->
Choose the downloaded SDC Verifier Extension file and press:
The following message will appear:
To Load extension, go to the ACT Start Page -> Manage Extensions:
Click on SDC-ANSYS Plugin and pressor .
- the extension will be available only for saved a workbench project. For each project extension has to be loaded manually;
- the extension will be available every time the workbench is started;
After the extension is loaded, SDC Verifier will appear in the workbench toolbox:
SDC Verifier is an extension for Ansys. The goal of SDC Verifier is to check structures according to standards and generate full calculation report.
SDC Verifier starts from the Workbench:
- Find SDC Verifier in the list;
- Drag item to the Project Schematic;
- Attach model;
- Double click to run SDC Verifier;
Note: Minimum supported version of Ansys is 18.2.
For the first run of SDC Verifier on the workbench project, step-by-step project wizard will be opened:
- Project Details - possible to fill in the project, engineer and customer details that will be used on the first page of the report;
- Jobs - link to analysis in Ansys Mechanical. Read more...;
- Load Sets - depending on the job type is an analysis result step or a linear combination of result steps multiplied on factors. Read more...;
- Load Groups - an envelope of results that can contain individual loads, load sets or other load groups. The worst load can be found by using the load group results. Read more...;
- Report Wizard - choose one of the presented report types. After Finish button is pressed, the report wizard will be opened automatically. Read more....
In case one SDC project is saved, it will be opened automatically. The list of saved SDC projects will be displayed otherwise:
Note: new SDC project will be created if the model is opened first time with SDC Verifier. In case one SDC project is saved, it will be opened automatically. List of saved SDC projects will be displayed otherwise:
SDC projects are saved together with a workbench project. If the workbench project will not be saved, SDC project changes will be lost.
After the installation SDC Verifier is not licensed. The License Manager will appear automatically:
Execute Help - License Manager to install or request the license:
SDC Verifier supports two license types:
- TRIAL/SINGLE COMPUTER - tworks on a single computer;
- FLOATING - a fixed number of users can connect to the license server simultaneously (*.wlin file).
Note: The demo version with limitation to 2000 nodes models was removed in version 5.2. It is required to request a trial license in order to evaluate SDC Verifier.
To install a single computer, trial or floating license select the option LICENSE FILE and press to browse the license file. Pressto accept the license file.
If you don't have a license click.
First, select the license type: trial, single computer or floating.
Product Type - a user can choose SDC Reporter or SDC Verifier.
SDC Reporting - contains the basic functionality (tools, load combinations and reporting).
SDC Verifier - SDC Reporting + recognition tools + Custom Checks + Standards.
Cae Type - by default all types of licenses are valid for Ansys. Select necessary Cae type to make the license valid for other available software.
Note: Cae Type requires the additional package to be installed which will be sent together with a license.
Fill in Company, Contact Person, E-Mail and Telephone (not necessarily) and press.
To send a license request using default Mail Client click email@example.com.. Alternatively, copy the request data and send it manually to
The floating license server is located on the Internet and it is not required to setup and configure any additional software on the company servers.
Simply execute Help - License Manager from the Main Menu. Browse the license file (*.wlin) and press .
If the license is accepted, the following message will appear:
In case if all available licenses are used, the server replies with:
Note: If in your company the software which limits access to internet resources is used, please, add an exception to the following resources: http://floating.sdcverifier.com and http://backupfloating.sdcverifier.com and http://sdcfloating.com.
If proxy software is used to limit access to internet resources, floating license requests can fail and SDC Verifier will be not licensed. Presson License Manager form to configure proxy settings:
Auto-detect proxy - used by default when no proxy software is used. Default system web proxy settings will be used. If this option is turned off, the proxy settings have to be set manually.
If proxy authentication is used by the proxy software, it is necessary to fill in username and password.
Note: Proxy settings are encrypted and stored on the local machine.
Note: Request proxy settings details from a network administrator if it is necessary.
Alternatively, proxy settings can be configured in Preferences.