Views - a set of options that defines how plots are displayed.
Executefrom the main menu:
Location - a center, rotation matrix and scale factor. Press to read location information from the active view in Simcenter. To preview location settings press;
Settings - a set of base view settings for plots (e.g. legend position, edges color, etc.). Press to import settings from the active view in Simcenter. Click to preview settings in Simcenter;
Pressto display location and settings.
Rendering Style - is a style of a model display;
Edges - displays the element edges (external,feature, wireframe, none);
Lighted - turns on/off effects of shadows;
Color Display - is the type of displayed plot. The description for most used option is below:
- Smooth - Displays a continuous range of colors that indicates the value of the plotted results.
- Banded - Displays bands of color that correspond to the levels in the color bar.
- Element - Shows results per element, with each color corresponding to a value. Unlike contour displays, the element display shows one value per element. Each element is drawn in a single color.
Show Deformation - displays deformed model.
Show undeformed model - displays the undeformed model in gray superimposed on the deformed model.
Legend Text Color - specifies the color used for text in the color bar and legend.
Automatic font scaling - applies a specified scale factor to the fonts that appear in the header text.
Legend Header - specifies the text for legend header (automatic, customized or none).
Legend position - specifies the location of the color bar with respect to the post view. Choose from Left or Right, or choose None to hide the color bar.
Use limits from Legend Settings - uses settings from project Legend Settings.
Note: Project legend settings contain the settings for different categories. There is no need to create different views for the displacement or stress plots, for example, but set the respective settings.
Note: - opens the window to change the project legend settings;
Use Contour Colors for Numbers for Legend - Use Contour Colors for Numbers for Legend;
Use Local limits - sets a static legend for all the plots with the current view;
Mode - selects the legend values displaying type:
- Automatic - uses the minimum and maximum values of the plot for the legend;
- Max Min - sets the custom minimum and maximum values of the legend;
- Max threshold - displays the maximum threshold instead of the maximum value in the legend;
- Max/Min threshold - displays the minimum and maximum threshold instead of the values in the legend;
- Min threshold - displays the minimum threshold instead of the values in the legend;
- Visible Min/Max - uses the minimum and maximum values of only visible part of the model the plot for the legend;
Number of Levels - how the colors are used for the plot.
Format - the legend numbers can be in the exponent (e.g. 2.42E+6) and the general (e.g. 242000000) formats.
It is possible to edit parameters for selected views at once. If option is different for the selected views it is displayed with red color.
Executefrom the main menu: